Environment + Social Awareness + Ethical treatment of Animals = Global awareness + Connecting with the country we live in → Sudan
As part of the fundamental philosophy of the school and an embedded concept of the IB programme, KICS students and faculty strive to make a difference to the local community in Khartoum and further afield.
What is Service learning?
1. Curricular connections establishing intrinsic motivation within the whole community to care.
2. Extending the awareness and connecting it with the ‘Real world’.
Action and service outreach is achieved through:
- Curricular connections
- “Week without Walls”
- Student Council
- Extra Curricular Activities – service programme
- Outdoor Education
- English training and establishing relations within this community
- Action Group Initiatives
- Recycling Projects
- PYP Exhibition (Y6)
- Personal Service Learning Projects (Y10)
- Creativity Action & Service (Y12 & Y13)
Service Learning Design Circle - Strategies for success with 21st century learning by Cathryn Burger/ adopted by IB
During the year we also offer our 'one off' help when needed. We ask for donations during Ramadan, we run a swimathon and students swim for raising money for different institutions. We organize a street fair and all the money is going into buying products for charity organizations.