We strive to make use of our local community and the rich history, culture and geography of Sudan to help our students forge links between important concepts of local, national and global significance.
Field trips may include visits to museums, factories, farms,centre, local markets, KICS stables, places of worship, or more adventurous trips to camp in the desert or by the Nile as part of our Outdoor Education Programme.
Every opportunity is taken to undertake fieldwork and visits both within Sudan and overseas.
Field trips within Khartoum include;
• Geography fieldwork to the River Nile, Tutti Island and the downtown area for their internal assessment
• Art visits to both galleries and museums to gain inspiration and examine specific painting techniques. They also take opportunities to visit different locations for live painting.
• Science in conjunction with Geography visits DAL Laboratories and farms to gain a better understanding of the processes involved in both areas.
• Music regularly visits location around Khartoum to play before a live audience
• All Year groups undertake also an Outdoor Expedition (ODE) to desert or lake areas near Khartoum
Further afield, Senior students have the opportunity to take part in:
• The annual Ski trip to Europe
• The Leadership expedition to Thailand
• The Hague for the annual THIMUN
In addition, cultural trips are arranged each year basedaround different aspects of the courses we study at KICS. This past year we have had trips from the Drama team to London, the PE department to UAE and Jordan and SPIMUN in St Petersburg.