In keeping with the philosophies of both KICS and the IB programme, both students and faculty strive to make a positive difference in both the local community and further afield.
What is Service learning?
1. Curricular connections establishing intrinsic motivation within the whole community to care.
2. Extending the awareness and connecting it with the ‘Real world’.
Action and service outreach is achieved through:
- Connecting the curriculum to the real world.
- Middle School community service “Week without Walls”.
- Student Council initiatives.
- Extra-Curricular service opportunities
- Outdoor Education programme
- Recycling Projects
- PYP Exhibition (Y6)
- Personal Service Learning Projects (Y10)
- CAS: Creativity Action & Service (IB Diploma)
Throughout the year various fundraising opportunities arise, including swimathons, Ramadan donations, charity sporting events, awarness raising campaigns and our annual international school fair raises considerable funds for two local children's charities each year and also donates a portion to the ongoing support of three local schools with whom the students interact.